Here a recipe for fluffy American pancakes I make regularly. Why not Dutch pancakes you may ask. Well that will come later.
I made this recipe my own by adding a little maple syrup to the batter.
Here the ingredients for a two person breakfast or brunch:
- 1 Cup of All-Purpose Flower.
- 1/2 Tsp of Sea Salt.
- 1 Tsp of Baking Powder.
- 2 Tbsp of (Caster) Sugar
- 1 Cup of milk.
- 1 Egg.
- 1 Tbsp of Maple Syrup
- 1 Tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tbsp of Melted Butter
- In a bowl mix all dry ingredients well.
- Stir in the wet ingredients until there are no more flower clumbs.
- Heat up a Frying pan and grease with tiny bit of butter.
- When butter is about to brown, add globs (1/8 to 1/4 cup) of batter (3 globs in my 11" fyring pan)
- When top of pancake starts to bubble, turn, pancake should be light-brown
- When both sides are done, transfer the pancakes to a plate.
- I keep the plate warm on top of a pan with boiling water.
- Maple syrup
- Add a bit of Granola for some crunch.
- Castor sugar.