- 2 Cups of dried Peas
- 8 Cups of Water
- 2-3 Cups of diced Celery root
- 1 Leek
- 1/2 Tablespoon of concentrated Bouillon (Better than Bouillon or blocks)
- 1 Kielbasa
- Soak the Peas in the Water overnight
- 2 Hours before serving bring the Peas and Water to boil.
- Make sure to stir close to the cooking point, as a lot of foam will develop.
- Let slowly boil for an hour.
- In the meantime dice celery root and slice the leek
- One hour before serving add the Leek and Celery Root.
- 10 minutes serving stir in the Bouillon and add the sliced Kielbasa.
- After 10 minutes the Pea soup is ready to be served.
- Add some pepper to taste.
- Serve with a slice of bread and cheese.